Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sue Wong- So Right!



Sue Wong is an exceptional designer specializing in cocktail attire and evening gowns. Yesterday, I experienced a shopping explosion when visiting Elizabeth Michaels Store on Grand Central Avenue in Vienna.

Armed with a list of events, and knowing I needed several new items for the Fall season I headed to one of my favorite boutiques in search of the right dresses and accessories.


I was so lucky to find a Sue Wong Lace Overlay Dress with a dramatic bell sleeve. Lace is so popular this season with designers as we feel a strong resurgence of the styles of the 1940's on the scene. The owner, Jane Engelke, exclaimed "that's a Kim dress!" and I knew I must have it for an upcoming wedding party.

Next, I needed a conservative dress for a rehearsal dinner event. I headed over to the Nicole Miller rack and sifted through several fabulous dresses, eventually finding the perfect dress. It was a geometric print dress with lots of gathering to create a perfect 1940's old-hollywood shape.

Check! Now that I've checked those two items off the list what's next? Well, I headed back over to the Sue Wong rack and grabbed everything in my size. After careful consideration of my conservative image and attire Ifound myself taking a walk on the wild side as I yelled "ring it up" and shoved a leopard print tribal dress on the counter. The global trend has been strong for a couple seasons but I also can feel safe in knowing that leopard prints never go out of style.

I thought I had done enough damage when Jane let me know the Whiting and Davis Handbags were on sale. 75% off!!!! I fell in love with a little elongated fringe number but option for the conservative black beaded bag, afterall I was already taking a personality risk by decking myself out in a wild leopard dress.

Ring Me up! What a fabulous shopping excursion. I love it when I can visit one shop and get everything on my list.






No comments:

Post a Comment