Sunday, September 20, 2009

Leggings, a global phenomenon!


I just returned from London with a new-found love for leggings. Sure, I can be easily pursuaded and have been know to give into peer pressure a time or two but this trip caused me to fall in love with the leggings trend.


The women of London are incredibly fashionable, wearing the trends so well. They embrace the archetectural designs of the top designers with ease and typically leave the basics for others while they embrace the latest fads.


The leggings were everywhere and on everyone! From 16 to 60, the trend was unescapable! Now, as a fashion designer myself, I've been working and reworking this trend for two years, searching for the perfect fabric with the right amount of coverage for me to feel good in this trend.


So now I challenge everyone to give the trend a try. At first, you might feel a little exposed, but by the end of the day you'll be searching for more leggings in various colors and patterns.


Jessi Pierson, Miss WV USA, wearing leggings from the Kim Parrish Collection and a top from Express.

No comments:

Post a Comment